Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!



Happy 4th of July y'all! Hope your 4th was wonderful!

Each year on the 4th of July, our little town puts together a foot race and parade. Well, the 10K they do goes right by the road we live on. My sister and I usually offer water for all the runners, or like last year we just hung out and watched all the runners run by. But this year my older brother and I decide to do something different.  And this is how it started. 

My day started out waking up at 6 am, to go to Starbucks. =)  No walk is complete without stopping off at some coffee place. Yes, usually being Starbucks.  Brother L getting some sort of coffee thing and me getting a raspberry hot chocolate. Then we headed home and started out on our walk.  So before I get any further, I must say that about 2 feet before our house marks the 4 mile point for the runners. Now that, that is out of the way my brother and I walked to the 5 mile mark and waited for the first of the runners. The lead guy was super fast and even though he had just ran 5 miles he didn't even look tried. We watched, smiled, walked and made sure to not get in the runners ways. And so we walked to the finish line and headed back home. That being our 4th of July, 4 mile walk. Hey! 4th of July and 4 miles, I swear we did not plan that. After we made it back home. I did some packing (more about that in a moment).  Then brother L and I  headed out to our little town parade.  And now here I am writing this.  What a nice way to spend the morning with my older brother!

 Okay, so about the packing part. I am going to a camp put on by the Worldview Academy.  It starts Sunday.  But mom and I are leaving sometime tomorrow, going to enjoy the 3 1/2 drive and not worry about having a time crunch. Yep, so I'm trying to get as much packing as I can done.  I will be gone for a week ; packing for a week is indeed different then packing for a weekend trip.  And where I am going it is going to be warm (okay, I guess in the 100's, would be hot), so I'm packing things that will be nice and light. Yeah, you get the point. How much can one talk about packing? =P  When I get back I will be sure and write about everything that happened.

Again, I hope y'all had a wonderful Fourth of July!!




1 comment:

  1. What a great sounding day! I'm glad you had fun with your brother. :) It sounds like a lot of fun.
    A camp? Really? Whoa! I had no idea! I shall have to email you to find out more about this adventure you're undertaking. :)

    Love you and I hope you had a blessed Fourth.

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is an appreciated captured moment. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Cheers,
Abby